The Rawster Blog
Your source for the latest news, events, bands, and festivals in the Canadian music scene.
Congratulations to Thrashblack Invidia, the winners of Rawster’s summer prize package! Thrashblack has won a professionally produced demo from EmRecords, studio time, CD cover art, and photo shoot in Calgary to help launch their careers and music goals.
Thank you to all of the bands on Rawster for being part of our community, we have several more great contests launching in the coming months including another Demo package and a contest for a Marketing and Branding Coach to work with your band and get your music to your fans. All bands that are members of the Rawster community will be notified of the upcoming contests as soon as they go live. In the meantime please feel free to continue to post your music and videos on your profile for the hundreds of visitors that stop by Rawster every week and add your events / performances to our Event Calendar – our calendar is well indexed by all the major search engines and can help introduce you to new fans looking for information on what to do in Calgary and across Alberta.
We would also like to extend our thanks to Calgary’s radio stations X92.9 and UP 97.7 for their support of our latest contest and the Rawster community.
To become part of the Rawster community please visit: http://www.rawster.com membership is free for Bands, Musicians, Venues, and music fans of all genres.
About Thrashblack Invidia: local Calgary band described as Metal / Rap / Slow Power Sludge. We will be featuring their music as soon as the new demo is ready.
Be Found, Be Seen, Be Heard on Rawster!
Note: winner of Rawster’s summer prize package was determined by random draw of all bands that have a profile in the Rawster community.Aug 03
Would you like to win a record demo for your music / band?
In celebration of our launch Rawster has teamed up with EmRecords in Calgary to offer a contest for bands/musicians looking to create a professional demo package. Do you have a great song you want to record? All genres are welcome to enter.
To enter all you have to do is go to www.rawster.com and join as a free member (please choose Band or Musician as your membership type). In addition to entering the contest, you will be provided with a professional profile page where you can interact with other bands, venues and music fans in your area or around the world, and list your upcoming events and shows. You can also plan tours, book shows and find the latest festivals playing in your area. Winner will be chosen at random. All members that have l Band / Musician profiles that register between June 1 and July 31, 2012 on Rawster will automatically be entered into the draw.
PRIZE PACKAGE (One (1) Prize Pack Available)
- Three (3) song demo package ($1200 value)
- Twenty (20) hours recording time in Calgary, AB
- Working with renowned musician/artist/composer/producer www.facebook.com/emrec0rds
- CD Cover design creation ($300)
- Professional Photo Shoot in Calgary AB by music photographer Krystal Labrecque of Brutal Minds ($400 value)
It is time for the world to discover your music and Rawster wants to help make that happen!
Rules & Regulations
All entrants cannot be signed to or have any affiliation with a major label record company (Sony BMG, EMI Group, Universal Music Group, or Warner Music Group or any of its affiliates, subsidiaries or imprints) or have distribution through a major label or its affiliates.
- Entrants who are on independent labels, their own label, or no label are eligible to enter.
- Contest is open to all geographic locvations but all prizes must be claimed and actualized in Calgary AB - base location of EmRecords (EmRecords Mobile Studio is mobile anywhere within the Calgary city limits if needed)
- Entrants may not record any song that is owned, wholly or partly, by any publishing company.
- All entries submitted must be by the original musician and shall not infringe any copyrights or any other rights of any third parties.
- All prizes will be awarded to the person whose name or band name appears on the Rawster membership, and division of prizes among co-members is the responsibility of the winner.
- Rawster reserves the right to extend the entry deadline
- Rawster will post all results on its website and will notify entrants by email that results are posted.
- Entrant is responsible for providing up-to-date and correct email addresses to Rawster. Rawster is not responsible for entrant’s non-receipt of any Rawster emails for any reason, including but not limited to, server or email malfunctions.
- Entrant retains all ownership rights to all song(s). Rawster will not have any ownership rights to any song(s) recorded.
- By entering Rawster, entrant and/or their parents or legal guardian (if such entrant is a minor) agree to accept and be bound by the decisions of Rawster and its judges which are final and binding in all matters. Entrant agrees to be bound by all terms of these official Rawster Rules and Regulations as established herein.
Prizes Terms & Conditions
- All Prizes are non-transferable and have no cash value.
- Prizes do not include any Media (CD’s or Hard Drives)
- This Prize can only be claimed by the Band/ Artist that it is issued to
- Winner will schedule all studio time in advance with EmRecords and Brutal Minds
- All prizes are the sole responsibility of the winner to claim
- Cancellations or re-scheduling of booked session time must be done 2 weeks prior to scheduled date and approved by EmRecords
- EmRecords and Brutal Minds reserve the right to re-schedule all bookings.
- This Prize must be claimed within 90 days of the date issued unless otherwise agreed by EmRecords
- There will be no transfer and substitution of prizes
If you are already a member of Rawster you are automaticallyentered to win. If you are not a member of Rawster please click here to become a member of Rawster and take the first step towards winning this amazing prize!
This contest is brought to you in partnership with EmRecordsJul 04
Think back to your favorite movie. Timeless classics like Jaws and Psycho. Would they have been the same without the “someone’s going to die” scary music? What about TV shows like The Simpsons or The Dukes of Hazard…..the theme songs made the show instantly recognizable. Have you ever paid attention to the music playing on a commercial or the heart pounding beats of a car chase? How well would a new Mustang Fastback sell if the image of the car racing down the highway was accompanied by slow mellow elevator music???
We all listen to different types of music everyday. It can influence our mood, our personalities, and our lives. It affects us the same way in movies, on television and in commercials. Even though you don’t listen to heavy metal music, many of your favorite movies or commercials are accompanied by background music from heavy metal artists. We accept this without question. We don’t plug our ears or leave the theatre because you don’t like the music.
Visual and musical go hand in hand. Each industry needs the other. Music videos use directors, actors, props. Theatre productions need musicians, dancers, stage hands. The industry works together as a whole…which creates many opportunities for artists to expand their horizons. Working in different areas of the entertainment industry can not only be fulfilling creatively but can be a lucrative side venture.
Live performance is only one of many activities where a musician can support themselves. Composers can create income from areas such as publishing. Musicians can earn thousands per year from writing commercial jingles.
Recorded music in film and television soundtracks has long been a significant source of income for composers and musicians, many of whom do soundtrack work to supplement earnings from concert music composition or popular music. Some dancers do extra work in theatre productions, movies or videos. Comedians can write jokes for TV shows, create comedy skits and so much more.
Don’t limit your talent and your income to only one area of “expertise”. Search out companies looking for creative ideas. Put yourself and your talent in the forefront...and you will be recognized for your unique abilities.Mar 27
Thank you for visiting the new Rawster Blog, please use the subscribe option to set up your preferences on what topics you would like to be notified about and feel free to leave us a comment to let us know what you would like to hear about!Mar 03
Show all entries from Rawster News
Big news for Indie Bands: Vince Neil's Battle Of The Bands is under way and looking for talent!
We are still looking for as much local talent as we can! We want to find the best band in Vegas and help them get the start they need. Please let any and all bands you may know, about this!May 22
Show all entries from Industry News
What is Tubby Dog you ask?
Why, Tubby Dogs is the only place you can catch a mouth full of outrageous in your face music with a side of overstuffed chili, bacon, onion, pizza, cheese, oh man... what I mean to say is, Video games, Arcade games, Free Tunes and Amazing food, what else could anyone want!!
You can be sure to catch something new at Tubby Dogs every time you walk in the door. Great environment, great staff, great Dogs!!
Here are some new creations you can find down at the Dog!
-The Dan Winnick 9$
A Classic 1/3 lb. dog topped with mustard, ketchup, mayo, bacon bits, Munchies Snack Mix, space cheese, sour cream and sriracha. Finished with a pickle spear.
$1 from every sale will be donated to the Prohab Helmet Society!
Dan loved Sled Island, Hot Dogs, Bikes and Fun. We love you. Have Fun. Protect your head out there.
-The MCA 8$
A classic 1/3 lb. dog on a bed of pizza sauce. Topped with more sauce, grilled pepperoni, mozzarella and baked to perfection.
-The Juno Beach 10.50$
A bacon wrapped 1/3 lb. dog Topped with French mustard, American Ketchup, Dutch mayo, Canadian sauce, saute onions, American Cheddar, Canadian back bacon. Drizzled with the finest Canadian maple syrup.
So if you haven’t checked out Tubby Dogs yet, get on it! 10 out of 10
1022 17 Ave SW
Calgary, ABJul 05
Show all entries from Restaurant Reviews